the girl found two 6 pound roasting chickens at SAMs club for $9. we’re total suckers for great deals.
here’s how we roasted it:
- clean out / wash chicken with cool water
- rub inside with lots of salt and pepper
- quarter a lemon and an onion and stuff in cavity
- rub outside with lots of salt and pepper
- tuck wings behind bird and tie legs together
- cook at 375 for an hour and fifteen minutes
half way through, we put some aluminum foil over the chicken to keep it from crisping too much. we put some carrots, mushrooms, onions and celery on the pan under the bird. let me tell you, those were the best mushrooms of all time.