leftover dinner for breakfast is my specialty.
last night we had tofu bahn mis — this moring, bahn mi breakfast. marinated tofu on the bottom, eggs over easy, side of pickled veggies, topped with kewpie, sriracha and wakame.
for the veggies:
1 small cucumber
1 small daikon (we used 5 regular radishes)
1/2 c. rice vinegar
1/2 c. white vinegar
generous pinch granulated sugar
generous pinch salt
- julienne all veggies, put in ziplock bag.
- combine vinegars, salt + sugar. heat on stove until sugar and salt have dissolved.
- pour liquid into ziplock. if there isn’t enough liquid to cover veggies, add a little bit of water. force out air and let rest in refrigerator for ~1 hour.
for the tofu:
1 package extra firm tofu
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 lime; juice + zest
2 garlic cloves; grated
fresh cracked pepper
- slice tofu into 1/4 inch pieces, place on paper towels to soak up water.
- combine all other ingredients, pour in shallow dish. put tofu in liquid to marinate for ~15 minutes.
- fry in well oiled pan.
if you’re a traditionalist: put the tofu, pickled veggies, sriracha, mayo + some cilantro on a toasted baguette. : )